As much as QuickBooks is a great software tool, it’s to some extent not different from other software programs. The software sometimes experiences some technical errors that hinder users from continuing using it until the error is resolved. One of these errors is called QuickBooks Error PS077.
The error happens when a user attempts to install payroll tax updates. QuickBooks uses tax tables in calculating payroll for businesses. Subscribing QB Payroll service allows you to ease your QuickBooks data with payroll tax tables.
In this post, you’ll learn what causes the error and most importantly, how to resolve it. We also have a list of a few FAQs to get you informed on some important aspects of this cutting-edge software if you’re just getting started with it.
Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
Table of Contents
The following are some of the signs and symptoms that can help you know for sure that you’re experiencing QB Error PS077:
- You try to download payroll updates but can’t seem to succeed
- You’re unable to download your tax table to the latest release
- In the middle of downloading payroll updates, a QuickBooks error message with error cord PS077 pops up on your screen.
- QuickBooks hangs or freezes while installing the payroll update
- The computer responds so slowly on command of keyboard or mouse
Also Read: How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077
There could be several causes of QuickBooks Error PS077. The following are the most common triggers:
- The error can happen if your QuickBooks is unregistered
- The payroll tax table that you’re attempting to update is invalid, corrupted, or damaged
- Expired or inactive payroll subscription can be another trigger for QB Error PS077
- Corrupt or damaged QuickBooks related file
- Outdated or incorrect billing information
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code PS077
Now that you know the various signs and symptoms as well as triggers of the QuickBooks Payroll update error PS077, let’s now take a look at how to get rid of it.
Method One: Turn off “User Account Control” on Windows
Determine if turning off “User Account Control (UAC)” on Windows will fix the error. UAC can sometimes affect QB and prevent payroll from installing updates. Troubleshoot this issue by following the following simple steps:
- Click the Windows Start menu and choose “Control Panel”
- Type and search “User Account Control” in the search box and then press Enter on your keyboard
- Find and choose “Change User Account Settings”
- Select “Yes” and turn off “User Account Control” by shifting the slider to “Never Notify”
- If prompted, enter your administrator user credentials
- Restart QuickBooks and attempt to download the payroll updates again
Method Two: Use “QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility” to Fix the QB Error PS077
If you’re getting QuickBooks error PS077 due to data damage, then you’ll need to run “QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility”. This feature can find and resolve the problem. Follow these steps:
- Launch QuickBooks and follow the path: “File > Utilities > Verify Data”
- The step above will cause the tool to identify the error in the QB company file
- Once again, follow this path: “File > Utilities > Rebuild Data” and the tool will resolve any identified data problems
- Navigate to “Verify Data” and check if there’s any kind of damage in the QB Company File
Method Three: Re-install QuickBooks using “Clean Install Tool”
If your QuickBooks app is having any installation errors, then running “Clean Install Tool” can fix the error. So, run this tool and wait a while for the process to complete. Try once again to update QB Payroll tax tables and find out if the QuickBooks Error PS077 problem has been resolved.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Help Support for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077 Troubleshooting
If even after executing the above steps hasn’t resolve QuickBooks Error PS077, don’t lose hope. We are here for you. Our technical team consists of highly-trained, qualified, certified, and experienced experts. They are dedicated to helping you get through QB Error PS077 and other errors in QuickBooks. When you call us, our QuickBooks Error technical support team will be there to listen to you and see how best to fix the issue and get back to work. So, the help you need is just a phone call away. Give us a call by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Technical Support Phone number 24/7. You can also engage us via our Live Chat Support facility and we will respond immediately.
Intuit has communicated that it’s going to discontinue Intuit Online Payroll and move all users of this product to QuickBooks Online Payroll. Some of the features you can expect not to find here include same-day direct deposit, automated taxes, HR, and time tracking.
To determine the latest available tax table updates, click on the link on Intuit official website and go to the “Payroll Support” window
Now go to the “Employees” and choose “Get payroll updates” in QuickBooks and check the tax table edition.
The first line in the “Get payroll updates” window will display the version. Click on “payroll” and then click on “Payroll update info” to view the summary info and changes.
To check your latest payroll updates, ensure you follow these steps:
Go to the “Employees” tab and then select the “Get payroll updates” option
Choose “Next” to view which “tax table version”
To find whether you’re using the right version or not, view the “Latest payroll news and updates”
You may also choose the “Payroll update info” to get more info on the tax table edition
The costs are affordable. The standard pricing for QB Payroll is priced as follows: Core – $45/month plus $4/employee/month/. Premium – $75/month plus $8/employee/month while Elite – $125/month/ employee/month.
Yes. QB Desktop Enhanced Payroll offers full payroll features for small businesses that want to run payroll in-house. The Intuit Enhanced Payroll helps you create paychecks, calculate payroll taxes and send direct deposits.