QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311 is one of the common issues in QuickBooks. The error occurs when the user is downloading QuickBooks or payroll updates. When it happens, this error will crash the active window and your computer will freeze from time to time.
Additionally, this error is accompanied by an error message that reads, “QuickBooks update cannot be completed successfully and cannot connect to QuickBooks Payroll.” When this error is displayed on the active screen, there’s little to nothing you can do until you resolve it. If you want to know how to fix this error, continue reading.
What are the Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311?
Before you can think of resolving the error, it’s important to first be aware of its causes. And like many errors in QuickBooks, there are also many reasons why QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311 can happen. We have highlighted some of the most common reasons below.
- Attack from malware and viruses to QuickBooks
- QuickBooks Incomplete installation
- QuickBooks files may be damaged or deleted
- Windows registry entries associated with QuickBooks may be corrupted
- Interruption while downloading the update
- Corrupted files from the downloaded QuickBooks documents
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
There are different solutions for QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311 depending on the cause of the error.
We have explained several that you can try Steps by Steps to get to see which fixes the error.
Solution One: Install a Digital Signature Certificate
- Perform a Windows search for “QBW32.exe“. Follow this path to find it: “C:\Program File\Intuit\Quickbooks“
- Right-click on the “QBW32.exe“
- Choose “Properties“
- Click on the “Digital Signature” option and verify that Intuit, Inc is chosen in the list selected
- Click on “Details“
- In the “Details” window, choose “View Certificate“
- Click on “Install Certificate” in the certificate window
- Choose “Next” until you see the “Finish” button
- Click on the “Finish” button to end the process
- Restart your computer
- Open QuickBooks and try downloading the update again to see if the problem is fixed
Solution Two: Verify QuickBooks Settings and Internet Connection
- Make Internet Explorer (IE) your default browser
- Verify that your computer’s date and time are correct:
- Double-click on the time display
- In the “Date and Time” window, verify the current data and time
- Make any necessary adjustment
- Check your system’s cipher
If the cipher strength is less than 128-bites then your Internet Explorer (IE) is damaged.
- Navigate to Intuit’s official website
- Press “Alt” and a Menu bar will pop up
- Go to “Files” and then choose “Properties“
- Under connection, find the number before “Bites Encryption“
- Update the configurations
- Got to “Tools” and then choose the “Internet” option
- In the “General” tab, choose “Delete”
- Select “Temporary Internet Files” and then click on the “Delete” option
- Choose the “LAN Settings” on the “Connections” tab
- On the “Advanced” tab, scroll down to ensure that “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0” are marked. If they are, clear the box adjacent to “Check for publisher’s certificate“
- On the same “Advanced” tab, scroll down to ensure that “TLS 1.2” isn’t marked. If it’s marked, uncheck the box
Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop
- Verify that QuickBooks subscription is active
- Reset QB Desktop update
- Verify that the “Payroll Service key” is accurate
- Navigate to “Employees” and choose “My Payroll Service“
- Click on the “Manage Service Key“
- Choose “Edit” and ensure that the key is right
- Choose “Next” and then “Finish“
- Restart your computer
The above methods should help you fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311. If this issue persists, you should avail of troubleshooting help from experts.
Help Support for Troubleshooting QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311
We know how stuck it can get when you have tried everything but none seems to work on fixing QuickBooks Payroll Error 15311 or any other problem in QuickBooks. Our error comes in handy and is available when you need it the most. We have the best team in place constituting the best qualified, certified, and experienced professionals to take care of your needs. Dial our toll-free helpline number to speak to one of our experts. The number is open 24/7 throughout the year. You can also chat with us via our Live Chat facility and we will respond immediately.