QuickBooks Desktop Installation: What You Should Know
For any company or business, it’s important to download and install QuickBooks into its computer system to keep up with the growth of the technology. Therefore, when it comes to downloading and installing QuickBooks software, the user ought to know the minimum system requirements. We’re going to explain the steps to install the QB desktop together with the other related aspects.
While performing the installation process, the user may encounter some hurdles or technical issues related. At that point, you need to borrow technical suggestions from professionals. You can conveniently speak to the QuickBooks installation support team by phone by calling the number +1-877-683-3280. The team will provide the best possible support. In the meanwhile, read on to know the steps to follow to successfully install QB Desktop software.
Points to keep in Mind
There are various points you must keep in mind to ensure a smooth installation of QuickBooks. These points include the following:
- You should very whether your system can run the QB software. To do that, verify the QB system requirements page for the QB released year and edition.
- If you downloaded the QB file but refused to open it automatically, then you should move to your system’s hard drive and search for the location where the QB file was saved and initiate it manually.
- There are two ways of installation; express and custom. The Intuit QuickBooks installation support highly recommends that beginners should go with the express installation. That’s especially if the network is not installed on the system. However, if you’re already a QB user or the QB app is installed on your computer, then you should opt for the custom installation to ensure that the old QB file(s) doesn’t get overwritten.
- During the installation process, it’s important to create a backup file before anything else. QB installation support team suggests that you create your QB backup Company File(s) before you initiate the QuickBooks application. It’s also recommended that you save the created. QBB extension file backup somewhere you can easily access it such as an external hard drive.
- Users should also note that it’s impossible to merge or amalgamate multiple QB company files (s) from multiple QuickBooks versions.
Decide the Installation Method
As mentioned, there are two types of QB installation, namely; custom and express.
Express Installation – This installation method is recommended in situations like first-time users, using QB on one system, reinstalling QB, etc. These are the steps involved in the express installation:
- Choose the “Express” and “Next” option
- Choose the “Install” option
- Select “Open QuickBooks” to get started
Custom Installation – This method of installation is recommended when installing QB somewhere that’s not the default location or when you host the Company Files on a server or when setting up a multiple-user network. These are the steps involved:
- Choose the “Custom and Network” options and click “Next”
- Select the options describing the way you’ll use QuickBooks
- Choose the “Change the install location” option on the next screen
- Choose the “Browse” option so that you decide where to store the “QB folder”. You may decide to put it in the “Programs folder”
- Click on the “Next” to initiate the installation process
- Once the install process is over or gets “finish”, then click on the “Open QuickBooks” option
To that point, if you need help, the QuickBooks Installation Support team is always ready to help. And even when you need to uninstall the program for any reason, the QuickBooks Uninstallation Support also has got you covered!
How to Install QB Desktop
The QuickBooks installation support recommends the following steps to install the QB desktop software in your computer system:
1. Close any running program on the screen or in the background opened on the file server on your desktop.
2. Go to the “QuickBooks Desktop Download” option to get the regional version
3. Select the “Yes to All” option and hit “Next”
4. Click on the checkbox beside the “Agree to License Agreement” dialogue and then click “Next”
5. Type in the “License & Products Number” and click “Next”
6. Select the QB installation type on your system:
- Express: It allows the installer to choose for you. If you want to choose the option manually, then you can skip step 10.
- Custom & Network option: Opt for this one if you’ll be utilizing multiple versions of QB Desktop on your computer or if you’ll be utilizing QB in sharing data with other users on a single network.
7. Choose any of the options where you’ll be using the QuickBooks application:
- Option One: I’ll be using QB on this computer
- Option Two: I’ll be using QB on this computer and I’ll be storing Company File here to allow sharing over a network
- Option Three: I won’t be using QB on this computer. I’ll be storing Company File on this system to allow sharing over a network.
8. Choose a new location for your installation or select the “Next” tab to set in the default location
9. Select the “Install” tab and then open the QB
10. Activate QuickBooks
These are the steps to follow when installing the QuickBooks desktop application to your system. If you experience issues during the process, then connect with the Intuit QuickBooks installation support to get helped. And when it’s time for uninstallation and you still can’t do it successfully, the QB uninstallation support is there for you.
Sometimes, you may need to uninstall your QuickBooks desktop application and in that case, it’s important to learn the steps of uninstallation. Some of the situations that may force you to uninstall the program include:
- When QB freezes or crashes because it’s unable to load its own program
- When QB refuses to start on your system
- Replacing a hard drive or crash of the same
- In case of malware, virus, or Windows updates that have damaged the QB installation
Whatever your case may be, a full uninstallation is the first step. Below is the simple procedure of uninstalling the QB desktop. It’s important, however, to answer some of these common questions:
- Will uninstallation of QB delete the Company File?
- How to uninstall and reinstall the QB desktop?
- How to completely get rid of QB from my system?
Will Uninstallation of QB delete my Company File?
This is a good question to ask yourself before starting the uninstallation process. But the answer to the question is No. Uninstalling QB doesn’t delete the Company Files from your computer. It will just eliminate the QB software. Nevertheless, the Intuit QuickBooks Uninstallation Support recommends that you always create a local backup
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstallation
Intuit QB Uninstallation Support provides instructions to follow during QB desktop uninstallation. They include the following:
- Click on the Windows “Start” menu, search for “Control Panel” and click to open it.
- Choose “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a Program”
- Choose the edition of QB Desktop you’re facing issues with from the list of installed applications
- Choose “Uninstall or Change” and then “Remove”. Click “Next”. If you can’t the option, sign out and then sign back to Windows as an administrator.
How to Uninstall and Reinstall QB Desktop
If you require uninstalling and then reinstalling the program, first follow the steps on how to uninstall the QB desktop mentioned above. To reinstall the program, insert the disk into your system and follow the on-screen setup instructions.
You can also reinstall QB without an installation disk by downloading the QuickBooks version you need. Save the downloaded file and follow the instructions below to install it as recommended by QuickBooks Uninstallation Support:
- Click on the downloaded QB executable (QuickBooks.exe)
- Follow the instructions on the screen and accept the license agreement. Hit “Next”
- Enter the “License and Product Number” and then hit “Next”
- Activate QB by opening the app
- From the “Help” menu, choose “Activate QB Desktop”
- Follow on-screen instructions to verify your information.
QuickBooks is Unable to Uninstall
If QuickBooks is unable to uninstall, Intuit QuickBooks Uninstallation Support offers the steps to follow to uninstall the program manually. Here, you’re going to manually rename the available installation folders. These are the steps you should follow:
1. Uninstall QuickBooks
2. Show hidden files
3. Click on the Windows “Start” menu. Look for the “File Explorer” and open it.
4. Search for and open the folder that has your QB Company Files. That’s often your QB folder and it’s usually in one of the following locations:
- C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks (year)
- C: \Users \(current user) \AppData \Local \Intuit \QuickBooks (year)
- C: \Program Files \Intuit \QuickBooks (year)
- 64-bit version C: \Program Files (x86) \Intuit \QuickBooks (year)
5. Right-click the folder and choose “Rename”
6. Add “Old” at the tail of the folder name. That will prevent QB from opening it when you reinstall.
QuickBooks Enterprise Support
The Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise is designed for SMB’s to help them perform their accounting tasks effectively from end to end. The software boasts of more advanced and extra features than any other in the market and, therefore, helps users to be more productive. There are many reasons why QuickBooks Enterprise Support recommends the application:
- Simplified backup and data security with online vault
- Enhanced support with enterprise for longer
- Gaining remote access advantage
- Training and educational materials to make it familiar
- Scaling up and out efficiently
- The user capacity increases with the familiar interface
- Licenses to other applications
- Convenient processing of huge files
Generally, QuickBooks Enterprise is a worthy investment and you should definitely give it a try. Like the QB installation and uninstallation support, the QuickBooks Enterprise support is also there to help in case you need any assistance.
Quicken Installation Support
There are many ways of managing your finances and one of these ways is to utilize personal financial software such as Quicken. This software is widely used and there are many benefits you stand to gain from using it. Quicken is available in multiple versions.
To begin with, there’s the Basic version that’s a very low-level one but will still serve the needs of many people, especially those who are just starting out in their personal financial planning journey. The Basic edition will let you easily keep a track of your daily tasks. You can do things such as:
- Balancing your checkbook
- Paying your bills online
- Categorizing your expenses
- Downloading your bank and credit card information,
- Easily creating and managing your budget
You can avail yourself of the Quicken Basic at a price of $29.99. However, the price is subject to change. The price is significantly affordable considering that with the application, you save yourself on overdraft and NSF fees, bank fees, and other costly fees you may face financially.
Quicken is also provided in a Deluxe version, which builds upon the Basic version and will perform all that the Basic version does plus other functions such as:
- Find hidden tax deductions with ease
- Download & track 401 (k) and IRA accounts
- Store checks, statements, and other records electronically
- Plan for retirement, college, or even purchase a new home
The Quicken Installation Support highly recommends that you install the deluxe version as it’s very user-friendly and suitable for organizations providing e-statements.
Lastly, Quicken is available in the Premier version. The version also builds on both the Basic and Deluxe versions but adds even more functions to use in the planning of your personal finances. With Quicken Premier, you’ll be able to monitor your portfolio and create investment performance reports.
If your company has an ESPP, you can utilize Quicken in monitoring these to allow you to ease the assessment of your financial worth and making educated financial decisions. Additionally, you can also find ways of helping in minimizing capital gain taxes, generating Schedule A, B & D tax reports, and comparing the Morning Star Rating on manual funds.
If you don’t have an idea of the meaning of all that, then you’ll probably want to begin with the Basic or Deluxe Quicken versions. Generally, using Quicken as your financial planning tool of choice can assist you in making an informed financial decision.
QuickBooks is a very useful accounting tool. The installation process can be a daunting task for a person installing it for the first time. However, with the installation guide given above, you’ll find it easy to perform the task. Also, if you’re facing any other issue, whether, with the QuickBooks or Quicken software, you know that you can count on the assistance of professionals. And if you’re looking for any help with Intuit QuickBooks Data Recovery, Intuit’s QuickBooks support team is always there for you.