- Author: admin
- 0 Comments
- Cat: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Error
QuickBooks is designed to be utilized by small and medium-sized businesses to handle their financial tasks. The software is very easy to use and that’s one of the reasons it has gained a lot of popularity throughout the world. It comes with a host of features, which streamline the financial management of businesses.
With QuickBooks, users can manage their vendors, clients, file taxes, employees, etc. Today, running a business can be quite challenging without a proper financial management tool. QuickBooks financial software offers a platform where business owners can manage their finances with a lot of ease.
You can access all your information using a single click of your mouse in QuickBooks. However, as much as this software is great, it’s still prone to some technical errors that hinder your performance unless the error is resolved right away. One of these technical errors includes QuickBooks Error 15240, which is an update issue.
So, what causes this error? What are the symptoms and effects of the error? How can you resolve the error? We have answered all these questions below for you.
What are QuickBooks Error 15240 Symptoms?
Some of the common symptoms that you’ll experience when you encounter this error in QuickBooks include the following:
- You’re unable to do payroll
- QuickBooks won’t be able to install updates
- Payroll updates will fail
What are the Effects of QuickBooks Error 15240?
- QB Error 15240 will display an error message
- You’ll be unable to download payroll updates successfully
- Your computer is likely to crash frequently
- Windows might start running slackly and respond very slowly to keyboard and mouse inputs
- Sometimes, your computer might freeze for some time
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 15240
There are many different solutions for resolving Error 15240 in QuickBooks. We have described some of the most commonly used fixes.
Solution One: Make sure that you’re Running QuickBooks as Admin
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on your computer’s desktop
- Choose the “Run as Administrator” option
Solution Two: Reinstall your QuickBooks using Clean Install Tool
Clean Install Tool helps you in clearing all the junk files that may have flooded over time with continuous use and restart with a new system. You need to ensure that you have a full backup of your Company File before you can execute this solution.
- Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop from your computer
- Rename the installation folders by downloading and running the QB Clean Install Tool
- Reinstall QB Desktop
Solution Three: Check and ensure that your System’s Date and Time are Correctly Set
- Navigate to the “Control Panel” on your computer
- Launch the “Change date and time” settings window
- Change the date and time correctly
- Choose “Apply” and then “OK“
Solution Four: Check if Internet Explorer Settings are Correctly Set
- Launch Internet Explorer
- Click on the “Tools” menu and choose “Internet” options
- Launch the “Advanced” option
- Scroll down to find the “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0” options
- Mark the checkbox near these two options
- Choose “Apply” and then “OK“
Solution Five: Verify that the Security Software Settings are Correctly Set
Sometimes, anti-malware and security software may interfere with the smooth running of QuickBooks, which may lead to QuickBooks Error 15240. So, make sure that you have configured the settings of the software correctly to ensure that it doesn’t hinder the workings of QuickBooks.
Solution Six: Check your Third-party Firewall
You must ensure that you provide access to both “QBW32.exe” and “QBupdate.exe” files so that they won’t be treated by the firewall as a threat.
The above are the most commonly used solutions for QuickBooks Error 15240. We hope that you have been able to resolve the problem with one of the above suggestions. If the error still persists, seek assistance from our QuickBooks Error .
Help and for QuickBooks Error 15240 Troubleshooting
We understand how frustrating it can become when you have tried everything but you can seem to successfully resolve the problem you’re facing in QuickBooks. But don’t lose hope yet. Our QuickBooks has got you covered. We can help you fix QuickBooks Error 15240 and other common errors in QuickBooks.
Dial our toll-free helpline number to speak to one of our experts. The number is open 24/7 throughout the year. You can also chat with us via our Live Chat facility and we will respond immediately. If your problem isn’t very urgent, you can also email us and we will respond as soon as possible.