- Author: admin
- 0 Comments
- Cat: QuickBooks Payroll
Encountering QuickBooks Error 30159 can cause a waste of time, resources, and frustrations. This QuickBooks error happens when you’re working on Payroll or trying to update your Payroll software. If you’re facing this error, you’ll find this post very useful.
We have covered how the error happens, how it appears on your screen and the various causes of the error, and how to fix it. So, let’s get you started.
What’s QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159?
QB Payroll Error 30159 is common in payroll that’s primarily caused by improper file set up in your system’s operating system. Generally, the error is used by Windows and other compatible software.
When this error happens, you’ll see an error message that reads, “QuickBooks Error 30159” on your screen.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
There are several possible causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159. Some of the most common causes include the following:
- Damaged or corrupted QuickBooks Company File
- Inactive EIN Status
- Windows version you’re using isn’t updated
- Corrupted Windows Registration Files
- Virus or Malware attack on your system
- Misconfiguration of Windows File on your system
- Hardware in your system was deleted wrongly
- Incorrect information by a damaged file system
Consequences of the Error on your System
When QuickBooks Error 30159 happens, here’s what will happen to your system:
- The system runs or performs slowly
- Your system begins to crash often while running the program
- Immediately the error shows up, the active programs begins crashing
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159I am trying to add to an existing payroll subscription and get the error code 30159. Please help me fix this.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
There are several ways of resolving QB Error 30159. Apply one of the following solutions and hopefully, you’ll be able to fix the error and continue with your work.
Method to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
One: Manually Update your System
- Log on as Admin in your system
- Click on the Windows Start button and choose “All Programs”
- Select “Accessories” and then choose “System Tools” on your screen
- Choose the “System Restore” option
- Search for the “Restore my computer to an earlier time” option
- Choose the “Next” option
- Continue until the confirmation Windows show up
- Restart your PC once the restore process is complete.
Two: Scan QuickBooks Errors
- Download “QuickBooks Error utility”
- Install the software
- Choose the “Scan” option so that the program will start scanning
- Choose “Fix QB Errors” after scanning
- Once the scanning is complete, restart your computer
Three: Perform Disk Cleanup
- You can also try resolving QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159 by performing Disk Cleanup on your system.
Four: Utilize System Restore in Windows
- Click on the Windows Start menu
- Search “System Restore” in the search box
- Choose the “System Restore” option
- Enter the admin passwords
- Follow every step in the wizard properly
- Restore your system
Five: Add EIN to your Company File
- Log into your QuickBooks software
- Choose the “Payroll” option
- Choose “Use my Existing Payrolls Service”
- You’ll see a new window on your screen named “Account Maintenance”
- Select the “Add file” option
- Mark the radio button against the “Add EIN Number”
- If the radio button is inactive, you need to describe it properly to “EIN Number” for your company
- Choose “Next”
- Review all the info
- Return to QuickBooks and see if the problem is resolved.
Help Support for Troubleshooting QuickBooks Error 30159
We understand how payroll services are important for your business and you must, therefore, be able to work smoothly with QuickBooks software. For that reason, we are here to help you when you face a technical error that you’re unable to resolve on your own.
We have dedicated, qualified and experienced professionals constituting our QuickBooks Technical Support team. Anytime you call us, one of our professionals will be ready to listen and offer you the customized help support that you need.
You can get in touch with our technical team via our instant chat support or call our toll-free QuickBooks to help support number anytime you face a troubling technical hitch. Don’t hesitate to contact us to get QB Error 30159 resolved on time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
You can easily verify payroll subscription in QB software by following these steps:
Step one: Go to your QB Desktop Company File. Navigate to “Employees” and choose “My Payroll Service”
Step two: Choose “Account/Billing Info”
Step three: Sign in with your “Intuit Account login credentials”
Step four: Under “Status”, select “Re-subscribe”
Step five: Follow on-screen prompts to reactive your payroll service
Yes. You can set your QB Online account. However, you should remember that when you delete all entries on your account, they can’t be restored or reversed.
You need to reassure your employee that you’re taking the necessary steps to fix a payroll error. You ought to confirm in writing the items you have discussed with the employee. Later, the payroll error letter ought to restate your apology. It should describe the error, its causes, and explain the steps to resolve it.
Many causes of QuickBooks not calculating payroll taxes properly. Some of the possible causes include total yearly salary is more than the salary limit. It could also happen when the gross wages of your employee’s last payroll are too low. Make sure that you run the latest payroll update so that your taxes remain updated.
This is a valid question, especially if you’re a beginner in QuickBooks. All the three QuickBooks Desktop Payroll versions let you create paychecks, determine tax withholdings, pay your employees via direct deposit or check as well as produce payroll reports.