- Author: admin
- 0 Comments
- Cat: QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 is one of the common errors that happen in QuickBooks Payroll. When this error takes place, the QuickBooks Payroll error code PS036 is displayed on the screen and you can no longer continue working until you have resolved it. There are many triggers of this error. Once it happens, you’ll be unable to update your payroll program to the latest tax table. What are these triggers?
Effects of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
Table of Contents
Before we find out the causes of QuickBooks Error PS036, let’s first look at the
effects of the error on you and your owner. So, when the error takes place, here’s what happens:
- Experience degraded performance or Active Windows Crash. Error PS036 will make your active window crash instantly when the error happens. You’re also likely to encounter slow performance as a side-effect of the error.
- You’ll need to spend on a Payroll Subscription purchase. That’s because you’ll need to activate a deactivated payroll subscription by purchasing the subscription package from Intuit.
- Reinstall the software – At times you may need to reinstall the software because of the effects of error. And in that process, you’re likely to lose some important information.
Why QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036 Happens
Like any other error in QuickBooks, there are many reasons why QuickBooks Error PS036 takes place. Some of them include the following:
- When your payroll subscription is invalid or expired
- Active multiple payroll subscriptions with one inactive Direct Deposit agreement
- When the QB app file Paysub.ini is damaged or corrupted
- When the QB Company File has been damaged
- If your QB software or the supporting windows components are outdated
- In case you’re using an incorrect Service key
- If your company file’s “PSID” is incorrect
- If you’re using Windows that doesn’t support the QuickBooks Desktop version application you have
- In case of an invalid “EIN Number”
All of the above are common reasons for the occurrence of QuickBooks Error PS036. However, an inactive payroll subscription happens to be the main reason for the error.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159Encountering QuickBooks Error 30159 can cause a waste of time, resources, and frustrations.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS036
QB Error PS036 is easy to resolve using one of the following methods:
Method One: Check for the QuickBooks Subscription
Since inactive QuickBooks Subscription is the main cause of this error in QuickBooks payroll, you should start your solution journey by checking for the subscription. Follow the steps below:
- Download and install the latest QuickBooks Desktop and the Tax table version
- Launch the QuickBooks and log in to the “Payroll Service Account”
- Navigate to the “Employee” and then to “My Payroll Services” and finally choose “Account/Billing Information”
- Enter your login details and click “Sign In”
- Restart your system and again download the updates
- Open QuickBooks and verify whether the problem has been fixed
Method Two: Rename Paysub.ini file
Paysub.ini happens to be a hidden file on Windows. To view this file, first, we must change the settings of windows folder options:
- Choose “My Computer” and then select “Organize”
- Click on the “Folder and Search Option”. Choose the “View” option
- Click on “Hidden Files and Folders” and choose the “Show Hidden Files, Folders and Drivers” option.
- Click “Apply” and then choose “OK”
- Navigate to “My Computer” and in the search bar at the top, type and find the “Paystub”
- After you find the file, right-click it and choose “Rename”
- Rename the Payslub.ini file as “.old”
- Repeat the steps for all the Paystub files you find.
Hopefully, by following the steps described in one of the above methods, you’re able to resolve QuickBooks Error PS036. If you can’t troubleshoot the issue or are unable to follow and execute the steps, you may need to consult professional QuickBooks Error Support.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15102QuickBooks Payroll error code 15102 is add-on software that QB users integrate with their accounting software.
QuickBooks Error Help Support for Error PS036 Troubleshooting
It can be frustrating when you’re faced with QuickBooks Error PS036 and are unable to continue your day-to-day financial tasks. We understand how draining and time-consuming it is when you try resolving the error on your own but you can’t seem to get around the problem. To avoid experiencing this hassle, you may need the help of a professional who can fix the issue for you accurately and almost immediately. That’s where we come in. With our team of highly trained, qualified, certified, and experienced experts, your issue will get resolved as soon as you call us. Our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Error Support Phone Number is open 24/7 throughout the year so that you can get in touch with us anytime you need help. You can also chat with our technical team via the Live Chat facility and we will respond immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
To enable your payroll:
Launch QuickBooks Desktop
Choose the “Employees” tab in the top toolbar
Scroll and choose “Payroll Setup” in the drop-down menu to launch the wizard
Follow the “Payroll Setup Wizard”
Here are steps to delete the “EntitlementDataStore.ecml file:
One: Close QuickBooks Desktop
Two: Ensure that all the QB processes aren’t running
Three: Open the ‘Entitlement data” folder for your windows and the QuickBooks version
Four: Right-click the ecml file and choose “Delete”.
To update your payroll tax tables in QB:
One: Open QuickBooks payroll and choose “Help”
Two: Choose “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
Three: Navigate to the “Options” tab
Four: Choose “Mark All” and then click on the “Save” option
Five: Navigate to the “Update Now” tab
Six: Choose the “Reset Update” box
Seven: Click “Get Updates”
The most up-to-date Payroll Update is 22112. The edition was released on June 2021.
Though it’s good to keep your system up to date by downloading and installing the latest version, you don’t have to do it every year. You can continue using the existing edition of QuickBooks Payroll if you don’t have a reason to upgrade.