- Author: admin
- 0 Comments
- Cat: QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks is an accounting software geared mainly toward small and medium-sized business and offer on-premises accounting applications as well as cloud-based versions for business management. QuickBooks Payroll error code 15102 is add-on software that QB users integrate with their accounting software.
While downloading a payroll or updating QuickBooks desktop, users receive the message, Error 15102: Failed to reset update.In this article we will discuss the causes and methods to resolve QuickBooks Error 15102.
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll error code 15102:
Here are the causes of QuickBooks error 15102:
- In Windows Vista, if you are not logged in as Windows Administrator or running the application as Administrator.
- QuickBooks Desktop is running in multiuser mode in a terminal services environment.
- When the Shared Download is turned on, but the specified download location is invalid or not accessible.
QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15102: Solution
Switch to single user
If you are using multi-user mode then switch to the single user mode.
Make sure that the mapped file location is correct
- Firstly, you have to open the Product Information window by pressingCTRL+1. Find the mapped location path; for example: [x]:\[folder name]\[data file name] and write it down.
- Choose Help and Update QuickBooks.
- Make sure the information in Download Location is correct by clicking the Options tab.
- The drive in Download Location should be the same drive that appears in the Product Information window if Shared Download is set to Yes.
- The directory in Download Location should be the same as the QuickBooks Desktop installation directory if Shared Download is set to No.
- If the location is incorrect select one of the following to change the state of the location:
- Select No for Shared Download if Yes is selected. Click Save.
- Select Yes for Shared Download if No is selected. Click Save.
- Click Close. Download the latest tax table again.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 15102 (Fixed in 4 Simple Steps)When downloading a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update, you receive the message, Error 15102: Failed to reset update
Remap the drive to a new letter if the download location is correct.
- First of all, close your QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Then remap your network drive to a new letter.
- Open your company file with the help of the new mapped-drive letter.
- Choose Help and Update QuickBooks.
- Click the Options tab.
- Restart Shared Download by turning it off and then back on again.
- Make sure the download location is using the new mapped-drive letter.
- Click Save and then Close.
- Download the latest tax table again.
For Windows Vista:
Run QuickBooks Desktop as an administrator. Follow these steps:
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon from the desktop and choose Run as Administrator.
- Click Continue when the User Account Control (UAC) prompts you to run this application.
- Update QuickBooks to the latest release.
You can get this error if you are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. Update QuickBooks to the latest release and download the latest tax table again.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When a file is not opened properly on a Windows operating system then error appears in QuickBooks.
The QuickBooks Error 15102 appears when QuickBooks Desktop is running in multi-user mode and if the mapped file location is incorrect. These are most common reasons for this error.
When downloading a payroll or QuickBooks Desktop update, you receive the message, Error 15102: Failed to reset update.
Well, QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool (QB install) is a versatile tool specially designed and developed to diagnose & repair the technical glitches that may arises during the QB installation process
The QB Win log file store information about fatal errors, unforeseen conditions, and other QuickBooks messages. It does not record information about General Protection Faults or Invalid Page Fault messages; or data, messages or errors from any other programs.