- Author: admin
- 0 Comments
- Cat: QuickBooks Payroll
QuickBooks is a sophisticated accounting software tool that’s designed for small and medium-sized businesses. The software offers an unmatched level of security and privacy for any company’s data files. However, sometimes this software becomes corrupted and when that happens, an error takes place, which is displayed on the screen as a code. QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 is one of the many errors that can happen in QuickBooks. This error is related to the QB payroll service.
Reasons for Occurrence of the QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
Table of Contents
The error generally happens when the user is downloading a QuickBooks Update. There are several different reasons why QuickBooks Error 15222 error can happen. Some of the most common reasons include:
- Anti-spyware, anti-adware, or anti-malware may treat QuickBooks update as a threat.
- It can take place when the Internet Explorer isn’t set as your default browser
- QB Error 15222 can also happen when the registered digital signatures fail to continue working and the function is enabled in Internet Explorer.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222
There are various methods of resolving the error 15222. You don’t have to execute all of them though. You just need to apply one depending on the cause of the error and the problem should be fixed.
Method One: Install a Digital Signal Certificate
- You’ll need to shut down your QuickBooks Desktop. You should do this in the first stages because in case QuickBooks is left open, then you won’t be able to see the Digital Signature window.
- Right-click on the “QBW32.exe” file which you find by following the path: “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks” and then choose “Properties“.
- Click the “Digital Signature” button. You should ensure that you choose Intuit in the signature list
- In the “Certificate” windows, you should choose “Install Certificate”
- Continue clicking the “Next” button until you see a message saying, “Finish“
- Click on the “Finish” and once the process is complete, restart your system. Open QuickBooks and hopefully, you can now download updates without an issue. If the problem persists, proceed to Method Two below.
Method Two: Update Software
You should try updating some of your software, including anti-malware, anti-adware, anti-virus, or anti-spyware. That will help your system to follow some of the exceptions such as domains of QuickBooks.com, Intuit.com, and Payroll.com.
Method Three: Authenticate the Internet Explorer Settings
- Set the Internet Explorer as your default browser
- Check and ensure that the time and date of your computer is correct
- Verify Cipher Strength
- Update all the settings by choosing the “Tools” option and then selecting “Internet Options“.
- Choose “Delete“, one of the general tabs
- Select the “Temporary Internet Files” and choose “Delete“.
- Choose “LAN” settings on the “Connection” tab
- Mark the checkbox adjacent to the “Automatically Detect Settings“. Make sure that both “SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0” are marked.
Hopefully, you have been able to resolve QuickBooks Error 15222 with one of the above-described steps. If you’re still facing the problem, don’t get frustrated, seek professional assistance right away.
Help for QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15222 Troubleshooting
Our QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222 is available for all QuickBooks users who need it. We can help you resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15222 and other common problems in QuickBooks. We have the best team in place constituting of trained, qualified, and experienced experts who are committed to helping you use QuickBooks Payroll smoothly.
Our QuickBooks is open 24/7 throughout the year. You can also connect with our team via our Live Chat utility or message us through email if your issue is not very urgent. So, don’t waste your precious time if you try to resolve an error and you can’t seem to succeed. When you call us, we will see the best way to help you fix the problem and go back to your work.
QuickBooks Payroll is offered in three plans, which are Elite, Premium, and Core. Core allows you to easily pay your employees and get your payroll taxes completed for you. With the Premium package, you can manage your employee and HR as well as employee benefits. Elite offers much more.