QuickBooks offers world-class payroll services, which are important to all small to medium-sized businesses. With these services, businesses can manage their financial transactions with ease such as paying their employees QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033.
QuickBooks payroll software is easy to use and designed to match the specific needs of your business. It offers great features that make managing your finances a breeze. However, the software may sometimes encounter errors that hinder your operations. One of these errors is QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033.
The error mostly happens when there’s a damaged or corrupted file in the CPS folder. When the error happens, you’re unable to download payroll updates and not able to open your Company file. What are the causes of this error?
Causes of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
Table of Contents
There are many causes of the QB Error PS033. We have highlighted the most common errors below:
- Inactive Payroll subscription
- There’s more than one active payroll in the inactive “Direct Deposit” agreement
- QuickBooks Desktop file is damaged
- If the status on QB Desktop appears as “Invalid Employer Identification Number (EIN)”
- If the Company File “PSID” is invalid or wrong for some reason
- In case the Company File EIN is invalid or incorrect for some reason
- When the Service Key is utilized in the wrong
- If you’ve not updated your QuickBooks version to the latest version
Note: You need to make sure that you have an active and valid Payroll subscription. If you notice that the subscription is deactivated, then errors are likely to crop up.
How to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033
You don’t have to get frustrated or inconvenienced by this error in QuickBooks when you encounter it. It’s easy to resolve the error using the steps described below:
- Step one: Update the “QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table”. This step is important to enable you to proceed to the other steps.
- Step two: Check if the problem has been fixed. If it’s still stagnant, then proceed to the next step
- Step three: Find the following location on your PC: “C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 20QQ\Components\Payroll\CPS”
Note: QQ refers to your annual edition, e.g. 2019, 2020, and 2021.
- Step four: Rename the CPS folder to “CPSOLD” and then check if the issues have now been fixed
- Step five: If the QuickBooks Error PS033 persists, try updating the Payroll Tax Table again.
- Step six: You’ll need to deactivate “User Account Control (UAC)”.
You can do that by following these steps (the steps are applicable for UAC settings change on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10):
- Step one: Try to “Update the Payroll Tax Table” and then check if the problem has been resolved
- Step two: Press “Windows + R” keys on your keyboard to open Windows Run
- Step three: Type “Control Panel” and then choose “OK”
- Step four: Click on “User Accounts”
- Step five: Choose “User Accounts (Classic View)”
- Step six: Navigate to “Change user account control settings”
- Step seven: Move the slider and choose the “Never Notify” option. Check if the issue is finally resolved.
We hope that the steps above will help you resolve the QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033. If the error persists even after executing the steps, then you’ll need to seek professional assistance to fix the error.
Help Support for QuickBooks Payroll Error PS033 Troubleshooting
We understand how frustrating it can be when you’re faced with QuickBooks Error PS033 and are unable to carry your day-to-day financial tasks. It’s even annoying and time-consuming when you try resolving the error on your own but you can’t seem to get around the problem.
To avoid undergoing all this hassle, you need a professional who can fix the problem accurately and almost immediately. That’s where we come in. With our team of highly trained, qualified, certified, and experienced experts, your issue will get resolved as soon as you call us.
Our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Error Support Phone Number is open 24/7 throughout the year so that you can get in touch with us anytime you need help. You can also chat with our technical team via the Live Chat facility and we will respond immediately.
You can download payroll updates in your QB software by following these steps:
Step one: Choose “Employees” and then choose “Get Payroll Updates”
Step two: Choose the “Download Entire Updates” checkbox
Step three: Choose “Download Latest Update”. You’ll see an info window pop up on your screen once the download is complete
To find 2021 QuickBooks Payroll Update:
Step one: Open QuickBooks Desktop and click “Help”.
Step two: Choose to “Update QuickBooks Desktop”
Step three: Navigate to the “Options” tab
Step four: Choose “Mark All” and then choose “Save”
Step five: Navigate to the “Update Now” window
Step six: Choose the “Reset Update” box
Step seven: Choose “Get Updates”
Launch QuickBooks and then navigate to the “Help” menu and select the “Update QuickBooks” window. In the “Update QuickBooks” window and choose the “Update Now” tab. To delete all the downloaded updates previously, check a mark on the “Reset Update” box. Choose the “Get Updates” icon.
Step one: Navigate to the “Lists” menu and choose “Payroll Item List”
Step two: Double-click [State Abbreviation] – Unemployment Company
Step three: Choose “Next” until you reach the page “Company tax rates”
Step four: Enter the right rates for each quarter
Step five: Choose “Next” and then “Finish”